Friday, February 1, 2013

Public Decency: Proper Hallway Conversation




Dear Readers,

First of all, I would like to apologize for the delay in posting. I have been dealing with a sinus headache that was keeping me from drawing for you. However, I'm much better and able to share Wednesday's topic!

Today, I think that we should talk about public decency. Now, I'm sure all of you are wonderful people who respect those around you without a thought. I applaud each and every one of you individually, and thank you, sincerely  for making the world I exist in one that is happy and family friendly. Unfortunately, we have all experienced times where those around us are perhaps not as respectful.

 That couple who look to be trying to eat each other's faces:




The couple who don't understand the limits of proper public PDA:


Like, seriously, get a room.

These are unsettling and not very respectful. However, they have become mostly common place and, honestly, I hardly bat an eye any more. I've come to expect that plenty of people, strangely enough, think that the world is their bedroom. I don't approve, but what can I do? I'm not going to carry around tape and do this:



As funny as it might be, I simply don't have the time (or money for tape) to do that all the time.

However, yesterday I stumbled across something I had never encountered before, nor was I fully prepared to handle it, I think.

When I need to do my laundry, all I have to do is walk down the hall. It's pretty awesome and generally, I don't run into people. Not this day. At the end of the hall there is a woman, who I think is reading the poster that is hanging there. As I approach I hear her talking. Ah, must be a phone call.


Readers, I don't care what people want to do in the privacy of their own rooms. Really. But when those bedroom activities spill out into the world, it's just uncomfortable for all of us.

I won't tell you exactly what I heard, because not only do I want to keep this a clean and healthy environment  I want to respect that woman's privacy. But: Use your imaginations. I'm sure you'll get close.



I'm pretty sure for about a few seconds I forgot how keys and door knobs worked. As you can imagine, I ran into the laundry room as fast as physically possible, without being able to phase through walls.

Readers, please, please, keep your phone sex to yourselves. No one wants to hear that.

No comments:

Post a Comment